Sickness Certificates

The NHS provides sickness certification only after seven continuous days of illness.  If you need a sick note to cover this period of sickness you should complete a Self Certification (SC2) form which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Please visit the Direct Gov website for full information about fitness for work following a period of sickness. After this period a NHS certificate may be issued but you will need to contact the surgery as it may be necessary to discuss your request with us.

If you are signed off after an operation or procedure done at the hospital they will provide you with any certification you may need.

For a continuation of a medical certificate please contact reception who will take the details to pass on to the duty clinician who may contact you if they need further information.

Do I need a note saying I’m fit for work?

No. You do not need to see your us to be ‘signed back to work’.