Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- a main carer for an older or disabled person
- living in a residential or nursing home
- or have:
- a serious heart or chest complaint, including asthma
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have ever had a stroke
- ALL healthy children who are aged 2 and 3 years of age on 31st August 2017 – this is in the form of a nasal spray.
Contact the surgery on 020 8567 4315 to book your Flu Vaccination.