Mum and Baby App
The Mum & Baby app has been developed by doctors, midwives and specialists from across North West London in collaboration with women and their families. The app is available for download NOW on Apple Store and will soon be available on android.
The app features:
- help parents to navigate options for choosing a maternity care provider in North West London
- Tools which make it easier to give the right information at the right time in a users’ maternity journey
- The app empowers service users to take greater control of their care
- The app eases clinical consultations by making signposting simple
- The app is a single source of trusted information for service users on all aspects of the maternity journey
- The app promotes the use of digital personalised care plans to enhance collaboration of care between provider and user
- The app complements existing services, and face to face care
Click HERE or on the title to get further info.
People are being urged to keep an extra special eye on themselves and the people they care for over the winter period so minor illnesses don’t become more serious.
People who are older or have long term conditions may be particularly vulnerable to winter bugs which could become serious and require hospital treatment. Getting help earlier may prevent this from happening.
To make sure winter bugs don’t become more serious:
- Have your flu jab
- If you start to feel ill, get help from your pharmacy straight away
- Keep your home warm, at least 18 degrees
- Make sure you take any medicines as directed
- Get any repeat prescriptions filled in advance as many surgeries and pharmacies close over Christmas
- Keep a supply of cold and flu remedies in the house so you don’t need to go out if the weather is bad
- If you are prescribed antibiotics finish the course
- Don’t go to A&E or call 999 unless it’s an emergency. If you are in any doubt, NHS 111 can help you get the right treatment